Terms & Conditions
1. The client, or committee, will advise Big Boss Events, accurate to within 10% of the number of persons attending the function at time of receiving the final balance payment. Final numbers will be required no less than 2 weeks before the time of the function. If less than the guaranteed minimum number of persons attending the function, the Patron will be charged for the guaranteed number. If more than the guaranteed minimum numbers attend the function, the Patron will be charged according to the total number attending, but Big Boss Events cannot be responsible for service to a number in excess of 10% above the guaranteed minimum number.
2. If any dispute arises as to the number of those who attend the function, Big Boss Events and Venue shall determine the number and such determination shall be final and binding on the parties.
3. The Client agrees that Big Boss Events may accept any verbal amendments to the arrangements given in advance of the event or during the course of the function by the Client (committee members) or by anyone acting or supporting to act on the Client’s behalf and the Client agrees to pay for any additional service so provided.
4. The Client undertakes to begin its function at the agreed time and to ensure that its guests, invitees and other persons vacate the premises at the closing hour indicated.
5. The Client undertakes to advise all students attending not to bring beverages or food of any kind into the Venue.
6. Any guests found to have caused damage within the hotel function room, toilets or anywhere within the hotel grounds, or on the coaches to and from the event, will be personally responsible to pay for the damage caused. Invitees or other persons attending the function, whether in rooms reserved or in any other part of the Hotel or grounds or on coaches to or from the event, undertake to make good or pay full restitution for the making good of any material damage to furniture, fixtures and equipment however caused.
8. The Client undertakes to conduct his function in an orderly manner and in full compliance with the rules of Big Boss Events and the hotel management and with all applicable legislation.
9. Under the Fire Safety Regulations Act, fire exits provided for all persons on the premises shall be maintained unobstructed and immediately available.
10. If for any reason beyond its control, that Big Boss Events or the Hotel fails to make available the rooms reserved for the Client, or to provide any of the agreed goods or services, it shall not be liable for any resulting loss or damage suffered by the Client; and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Big Boss Events and the Hotel shall in no event be liable for any loss or damage caused by labour disputes, extreme weather conditions, power failure, government regulations, or acts of God.
11. Big Boss Events and the Hotel reserves the right to host additional events in suites not reserved by the client. Such additional events may also have the same timings, and include, but are not limited to, wedding receptions, banquets, conferences, exhibitions and/ or dinner parties.
12. Refunds and Cancellations: Deposits and Balance Monies paid are non-refundable but tickets are transferable to other students. It is the responsibility of the committee members to notify all students of this condition. If in any event we have to postpone an event, Big Boss Events will retain the payments made by students, Big Boss Events will organise to rearrange all suppliers and the venue date rescheduling, Big Boss Events will notify all committee members in advance of these decisions.
13. This agreement shall be governed by Irish law and the services provided by Big Boss Events and the Hotel shall be provided only on these conditions.
14. Drug and Alcohol Use. Any students apprehended with unauthorised substances, or suspected of carrying unauthorised substances, will be asked to leave the premises immediately. We reserve the right to call a parent/guardian and to hand the matter over to the Gardaí if deemed appropriate.
15. Big Boss Events and the venue has the right to close the event early if there are students who are deemed out of control and have caused irreparable damage to the hotel or to any equipment within the function room.
16. GDPR: In order to comply with the new EU GDPR regulations, we require your consent to contact you by phone and email for the purposes of organising your debs. By signing this contract, each committee member consents to be contacted by phone or email for the purposes of organising your debs. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please email [email protected] and we will remove you from our contact list.